About Sway AI
Sway AI is a venture-backed start-up in the Boston area. It was founded by proven entrepreneurs who have built several successful companies. Enterprise AI is a trillion-dollar business, however, 85% of AI projects fail. There are still high barriers to entry that make it hard for enterprises to use AI without large data science teams and multi-million-dollar budgets. Sway AI believes that “there’s a better way to do AI” by helping enterprises build without expensive upfront investments in AI tools or skillsets. Through its patent-pending technology, Sway AI enables any user to build AI without writing code. Using Sway AI, data scientists and AI experts can collaborate with stakeholders and build prototypes faster, dramatically reducing their time-to-deployment.
Join an experienced and talented group of entrepreneurs, scientists, and engineers with a groundbreaking idea to re-architect how AI/ML applications are built and deployed.
What will you do?
- Be responsible for the vision, roadmap, and execution for the Data Science and Data Infrastructure teams
- Manage teams responsible for large and complex projects from data exploration and preparation, model building, performance evaluation and testing, leveraging the latest data science techniques
- Oversee development of the data science aspects of our product
- Partner with product and engineering leadership to define, scope and prioritize data science opportunities, leveraging your technical knowledge and keen understanding of our business goals and customer needs to help us balance speed vs. impact
- Create data science culture, processes, and infrastructure (in partnership with engineering) to help us rapidly move from hypothesis to outcomes, and deliver high quality products
Who are you?
- PhD/Master’s degree in data science, mathematics, statistics/applied statistics, computer science or related quantitative field
- Experience and expertise in one of the ML domains, e.g., computer vision, natural language processing, statistical learning theory.
- 5+ years managing Data Science and Data Engineering teams
- 8+ years of industry experience in data science, data engineering or data insights
- Experience with big data and data sets containing low-frequency, high-severity dependent variables
- 5+ years of experience in designing and implementing AI solutions in public cloud
- Familiar with provisioning AI infrastructure on cloud and on-prem options to be used for model training/retraining/inference for development/test/production
- You have thrived in a startup-like environment with limited resources
- You empathize with customers and users, and enjoy deeply understanding the business
- You can communicate complex engineering ideas to a non-technical audience