About Sway AI
Sway AI is a venture-backed start-up in the Boston area. It was founded by proven entrepreneurs who have built several successful companies. Enterprise AI is a trillion-dollar business, however, 85% of AI projects fail. There are still high barriers to entry that make it hard for enterprises to use AI without large data science teams and multi-million-dollar budgets. Sway AI believes that “there’s a better way to do AI” by helping enterprises build without expensive upfront investments in AI tools or skill sets.
Sway AI is looking for someone to lead engineering, who excels in bringing together the software development and data science teams. You’ll partner with our Founders, and be responsible directly to the CPO. This is a rare chance to help transform the Enterprise AI space with a next-gen solution.
- 8+ years experience in software development and data science, leading development teams
- You have been a team leader or director of engineering before, managing the full development process, responsible for the engineering quality of the product
- Demonstrated ability to estimate timelines, prioritize tasks, set and meet deadlines
- Deep understanding of the open-source project development
- You’re okay with the startup journey in a constantly changing environment. You want to build an endurable and scalable business
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for building team culture and camaraderie as well as the product.
- Experience working with tools in the machine learning ecosystem
What you will be doing
- Leading an internal team of extremely capable engineers
- Helping the team achieve excellence in the software development process
- Plan engineering and product roadmap, with clear deadlines and deliverables
- Embrace scrum development model, manage release cycles
- Actively participate in the open-source community, own public open-source roadmap, and align that with the internal one
- Help hire more engineers to take the project to the next level